In 1924 Ahmed Abbud pasha - one of the most economical men at that time - founded Elposta Elkhediwia ship lines to ensure a premium quality of ship repair and maintenance to his fleet under the authority of Elposta Elkhediwia Navigation Co. located at a custom zone of Alexandria Port over a land space of 51000m2.
After 1952 revolution it transformed to a public company under the authority of the ministry of transportation.
In 1966, the yard name changed to its current name, Egyptian Ship Repairs And Building Company (ESRBC), and expanded the yard capability to include shipbuilding as well as ship repair.
In 2007 the company earned the iso 9001:2008 from GL classification society.
ESRBC is considered as one of the pioneer companies in the field of shipbuilding and repairs in the Middle East.
Transferring the ownership to The Ministry Of Defense
Since 2003, the ownership of the company transferred to The Marine Industries And Services Organization (MIASO) under the authority of The Ministry Of Defense as a holding company,
which provided another phase of renovation and upgrade on both sectors